Govan Associates is retained on behalf of developers, owners, architects, general contractors, sub-contractors, material manufacturers, and suppliers to evaluate and assist in the resolution of construction related issues. With more than thirty years of experience and low employee turnover, our small team of talented experts provides consistent, personal services uniquely tailored to our clients’ needs.
In the course of providing expert services in construction defect cases, we have:
- Evaluated thousands of structures
- Prepared and executed destructive testing plans
- Evaluated and created response reports, scopes of repair, and opinions of probable cost
- Attended hundreds of mediations
- Provided testimony in many depositions, arbitrations, and trials
Govan Associates provides consulting services for contract claims made by owners, general contractors, and other parties, including claims for delay, liquidated damages, change orders, and lien claims for payment.
Govan Associates provides comprehensive litigation support services, including:
- Analysis of project allegations, including creation of claim summary and evaluation matrices
- Assessment of responsible-parties and creation of allocation matrices
- Evaluation of claimed repair costs and opinions of probable cost
- Preparation of project specific response reports
Govan Associates is also adept at creating presentations and graphics that clearly communicate investigations, findings, and relevant facts for decision makers to consider. Our clients routinely rely on us to coordinate teams of various construction disciplines in the investigation and evaluation of project claims.
Govan Associates provides consulting services for fire, water, earthquake and other damage claims, to establish the scope of loss, repair methodology and opinion of probable cost. In addition, we have provided consulting services and testimony for bad-faith claims against property loss insurance companies.
EXAMPLE FORENSIC PROJECTS
Govan Associates has worked on more than 2,000 matters over 30-plus years. Below is a sample list of projects:
- 47 unit townhome project, Sunnyvale, CA — representing the developer
- 281 unit condominium project, Dublin, CA — representing the developer
- 40 unit historical single family home development, Mare Island, CA — representing the land owner
- 39 townhome / 163 unit condominium project, San Jose, CA — representing the developer
- Wine country restaurant, Yountville, CA — representing the building owner
- Private school, Oakland, CA — representing the architect
- Commercial high-rise, San Francisco, CA — representing the general contractor
- Multi-story parking garage, San Bruno, CA
- 4 dormitory complexes, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA
- Emergency generator building, Honolulu, HI
- High-profile tenant improvement project, San Francisco, CA
- Multiple large low-rise apartment complexes in Orange County, CA
- Multiple projects with below-grade parking structures
- Multiple projects with landscaped pedestrian podiums
- Multiple single and multi-family home projects on behalf of developers, general contractors, sub-contractors, architects, and owners.